Scenario: You took bus from Nothern town (say, Pendang) to return to KL and are supposed to stop at Hentian Duta in Jalan Duta (because you practically had started from there for inbound journey and parked your car there). However, you managed to have overslept and when you realized, the bus was already in Puduraya. It’s 5.20 am and to make it worse, your phone was dead =.= What to do?
1) First of all, don’t panic. Although you would feel like crying and your mind is hopelessly trying hard to think how to go back, and how to call your husband/family at this odd hour. Well, it’s okay to panic but dont cry just yet. By this time you’re thinking if to go back to home first, which is not good, because you still need to go back to Hentian Duta to get your car, otherwise you dont know how to go to work! So, start thinking how to go back to Hentian Duta. In the meantime, ignore all the taxi drivers asking if you need taxi, because I dont believe in safety in this city at this hour and I doubt they will not charge you non-ridiculous fares before 6am.
2) Look around if you can find anywhere to charge your phone first. There should be McDonalds nearby, so go into it and check if any socket available. It’s okay if you dont feel like ordering anything from the breakfast set, they should know that you’re on emergency. However, if all sockets are being used by some weird people who’re happily surfing internet from their laptop at 5.20 am, you should go out from McDonalds right away and find other alternative.
3) Try 24-hour convenient store like KK-shop. I know it’s strange to ask to use the power socket but you simply dont have any other choice!! The counter boy should be nice and would allow you to use the socket near the fridge. By this time you might feel like going to the toilet so bad, but hold on first. Call your husband/mom/anyone right away once your phone get charged.. and tell them what’s happening, and now you can let yourself cry (you can hide behind the fridge). It would be convenient if you know that they’re awake at this our because they’re also traveling back home.
4) If your husband/mom/anyone have internet access or they’re currently in the village but surprisingly have a public WiFi connection, ask them to check rapidKL website and bus route you can take to get to Hentian Duta. It would help if you happened to study the bus routes before (perhaps when you were deciding whether to take bus or leave your car at Hentian Duta when you were going there earlier) so it should quicker the process. “I remember the bus B11something.. please check B112”. Your husband would check and say it’s not the correct one. The correct bus to go to Hentian Duta is B115. Although it doesnt mention Hentian Duta in the route page, it says Stadium Hoki and Masjid Wilayah, which are nearby.
5) After you’re done with the call, leave the KK-mart quickly (before that, dont forget to say thank you to the counter boy). No need to keep on charging your phone until full, as now the priority is to find a restroom! Go back to McDonalds again, and use the toilet. If you now find an available socket, you can charge your phone there, and buy a breakfast set to ease your panic for a while. The coffee would not taste as strong as usual, but by this time you feel so tired to complain. Nevermind. Use your phone and McDonalds WiFi to re-check the rapidKL website again (which your husband would not give entire information from the page thanks to limited time). Now you would know that Bus B115 would start from Pasar Seni passing by Kota Raya passing by Masjid Jamek. You should think how to wait for this bus at the right place.
6) Dont waste your time eating the whole burger at McDonalds because it’s already 6am and first bus would run anytime by now. So quickly run to ANY bus parked near the area (you’re now in front of Mydin) and ask the driver where to wait for bus B115. If the driver doesnt know, he would point to someone sitting in a desk by the shoplot, which you would guess a RapidKL officer. Go and ask him, and he would be knowledgable enough to inform you that you should wait for bus B115 in front of Kota Raya (with a note, it’s in front, NOT opposite) and bus should come around 6.20 am.
7) Go to in front of Kota Raya to a place which looks like a bus stop (you should find some people waiting for bus also) and wait. The bus B115 would come around 6.35am. Get in the bus and tell the driver you want to go to Stadium Hoki.
8) The bus would depart immediately passing by Masjid Jamek and you would have a smooth ride in the center of KL at early morning. You would feel sad for wasting your sleep time like this but please be alert with your surrounding. Please notice where the bus is heading as you dont want to miss your destination again.
9) The bus would reach Istana Negara area and Masjid Wilayah and you would realize that Hentian Duta is getting nearby. If the bus turns left after the junction in a Government buildings area, you should be alert that the bus seems not be heading towards Stadium Hoki. Please quickly go to the bus driver and ask him when the bus will reach Stadium Hoki. Which he would answer, you should get down here and walk down towards the stadium. Ah =.=
10) So, get down the bus and walk for less than 10 minutes to the main road, cross the road carefully, and you would reach Hentian Duta. You should be very relieved by now and feel so thankful to God. It’s already 7am so quickly go to your car, call your husband/mom/family again to tell them you’re safe and sound. You should reach home around 7.10 am (well, depending where you live) and you still have 30 minutes to take a nap before going to work.
This tips is brought to you by ilyani.net